Resume / professional background and education
Date of Birth: 1951
Place of Birth: NYC
Bachelors Degree, Cum Laude State University of New York at Albany 1973. Winner of New York State Regents Scholarship. Winner of Goethe Institute Scholarship from the Republic of West Germany. J.D., Hofstra University School of Law, New York 1973.
Legal employment history:
New York State Assembly Legislative Clerk to the Hon. William Bianchi and the Hon. Irwin Landes, Committee assignments: New York State Penal Law Committee. Legal Editor E. B. Williams Publications, New York, New York, Instructor of Legal Research Hofstra University School of Law, and teaching assistant to professor Seymour Kleinman, Columbia University School of Law, New York, New York.
Admissions: United States Supreme Court, United States Federal District Court Southern District of Florida, Middle District of Florida, United States District Court Middle District of Pennsylvania, Florida State Bar, New York State Bar, Oregon State Bar.
Awards and achievements:
Biographical listing in ; Who's Who in American Law, The International Dictionary of Biography, Law and Leading Attorneys, Martindale Hubbell Law directory, Florida Super Lawyers, Consumer Guide to Law & Leading Attorneys
Legal Specialization and Certifications:
Board Certified in Criminal Trial Law by the Florida Bar Association,
'Death Qualified' by the Florida Supreme Court.
Since 1976 Attorney Behr has been aggressively fighting for and defending clients in Florida State and Federal Courts. He is a relentless champion.
IN PRACTICE SINCE 1976, RALPH S. BEHR IS A PRACTICING TRIAL ATTORNEY IN FLORIDA STATE, U.S. FEDERAL AND NEW YORK STATE COURTS.
MR. BEHR IS A MEMBER OF THE UNITED STATES SUPREME COURT BAR, THE UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURTS FOR THE SOUTHERN DISTRICT OF FLORIDA, THE MIDDLE DISTRICT OF FLORIDA, AND THE WESTERN DISTRICT OF PENNSYLVANIA.
MR. BEHR IS ALSO ADMITTED AS A TRAIL LAWYER IN FLORIDA STATE COURTS, NEW YORK STATE COURTS AND OREGON STATE COURTS.
MR. BEHR IS A FORMER CLERK IN THE NEW YORK STATE ASSEMBLY AND FORMER ASSEMBLY STAFF MEMBER OF THE PENAL AND CRIMINAL CODES COMMITTEE.
MR. BEHR IS THE FORMER LEGAL EDITOR OF E.B. WILLIAMS PUBLICATIONS OF NEW YORK, FORMER LEGAL RESEARCH TEACHING ASSISTANT AT HOFSTRA UNIVERSITY SCHOOL OF LAW, AND FORMER TEACHING ASSISTANT TO THE LATE PROFESSOR SEYMOUR KLEINMAN AT COLUMBIA UNIVERSITY SCHOOL OF LAW, NEW YORK, NEW YORK.
MR. BEHR IS ACTIVE IN LOCAL JUDICIAL RACES AND POLITICS IN SOUTHERN FLORIDA.
His trials include effective criminal defense of the following criminal charges:
- Alien Trafficking and Alien Smuggling
- Bankruptcy Fraud
- Bankruptcy Fraud Federal
- Bribery of Officials and Official Act procurement
- Computer and Internet Fraud
- Credit Card and Identity Theft and Fraud
- Criminal Enterprises RICO Federal and RICO Florida
- Drug Possession and Drug Delivery Offenses
- Drug Trafficking and Delivery
- Economic Crimes
- Embezzlement Fraud and Counterfeiting
- Environmental Law Violations
- Extortion Florida and Federal
- False and Perjury charges
- Financial Instrument Forgery and Fraud
- Government Tax Fraud
- Healthcare and healthcare provider Fraud
- Immigration and Deportation Issues
- Insider Trading FINRA and Federal
- Insurance Fraud both Florida and Federal
- Kickback and Money Laundering
- Mail Fraud
- Money Laundering and Currency violations
- Mortgage and Mortgage Broker Fraud
- Perjury and False Statement crimes
- Phone and Telemarketing Fraud Florida and Federal
- Public Corruption and Official Corruption crimes
- Securities Fraud
- State and Federal Antitrust Violations
- Tax Evasion and federal tax avoidance crimes
- Trade Secret Theft
- Wire Fraud Florida and Federal
State and Federal defenses of
- Accessory / Attempt / Solicitation / Conspiracy
- Aggravated Battery / Aggravated Assault
- Aggravated Stalking and Misdemeanor Stalking
- Assault and Battery / Domestic Violence
- Battery on a Law Enforcement Officer
- Boating Under the Influence (BUI)
- Burglary of Dwelling and/or Conveyance and/or Structure
- Check Offenses Forged and Worthless Check)
- Child Abuse / Child Neglect
- Credit Card Fraud
- Criminal Mischief Misdemeanor and Felony
- Dealing and Distribution of Stolen Property
- Delivery of and Distribution of Drugs
- Disorderly Conduct Misdemeanor and Felony
- Disorderly Intoxication and Public affray
- Driving Under the Influence (DUI)
- Driving with a Suspended License (DWLS)
- Drug King-Pin first degree felony charges
- False Imprisonment and Kidnapping
- False Report of a Crime
- Fleeing and Eluding the Police
- Forgery and Counterfeiting Offenses
- Fraud Offenses, theft and conversion
- Grand Theft and Petit Theft
- Homicide and Murder
- Indecent Exposure / Lewd and Lascivious Conduct
- Insurance Fraud
- License Offenses
- Loitering and Prowling
- Manufacture and Distribution of Controlled Substances
- Mortgage Broker Fraud
- Obstruction of Justice
- Organized Fraud
- Petit Theft
- Possession of a Fraudulent and or Stolen Driver License
- Possession of Burglary Tools
- Possession of Drug Paraphernalia and Narcotics
- Practicing Dentistry without a License
- Practicing Medicine without a License
- Prostitution Sex Offenses / Soliciting
- Reckless Driving
- Resisting Arrest With and Without Violence
- Resisting With Violence
- Robbery: simple and by force and Armed Robbery
- Sale and Delivery of drugs
- Sealing and Expungement of Criminal Records
- Sexual Battery and sexual assault criminal charges
- Shoplifting and Shopkeeper law violations
- Tampering / Witness / Evidence
- Trafficking in Drugs and controlled substances
- Trespass criminal
- Uttering a Forged Instrument
- Violation of Probation and or Violation of Community Control
- Weapons Offenses / Concealed Firearm / Deadly Missile
"I CAN HELP. CALL ME NOW! I WILL ANSWER ALL YOUR QUESTIONS"
Attorney Ralph Behr specializes in criminal law and is board certified by the Florida Bar in Criminal Trials.
As a criminal defense lawyer he practices in courts throughout Florida and in federal courts throughout the United States.
He maintains offices in Florida, in Fort Lauderdale, and appears in courts in Fort Lauderdale, West Palm Beach, Miami state and federal courts in Broward County, Miami Dade County, Palm Beach, West Palm Beach, Vero Beach, Fort Meyers, Tampa, St. Petersburg, Orlando and Jacksonville Florida.
His practice concentrates in major felonies, drug crimes, drug trafficking, homicide, murder, Mr. Behr also practices in federal court on federal matters, extradition, money laundering, white collar crimes, violations of probation, violations of community control, tax law criminal charges, federal parole hearings, bond reduction hearings and other federal offenses.
Call Now 1-800-761-3446
phones answered 24/7
Attorney Behr practices criminal defense in federal courts and Florida Courts throughout Florida and the United States.
His practice represents individuals from Colombia, Mexico, Great Britain, Germany, Australia, and Carribbean Island nations.
Private citizens charged with serious felonies in State or Federal Court have been represented by attorney Behr. Mr. Behr has defended white collar charges, money laundering, wire fraud, drug trafficking, narcotics possession, cocaine delivery, cocaine trafficking, fraud, theft, grand theft, internet crimes, identity theft, credit card theft, forgery, counterfeit and currency violations. Attorney Behr represents both individual s and corporations charged with crimes. He appears in Florida courts in Miami, Broward County, Palm Beach County, Indian River County, Hillsboro county, Monroe County, Gainesville, Tampa, St. Petersburg and Orlando. He appears daily in Fort Lauderdale criminal courts, Miami felony and misdemeanor courts, Palm Beach felony courts, Palm Beach misdemeanor courts and federal courts in Palm Beach, Fort Lauderdale and Miami, Florida.
Between 1976 and 2005 criminal defense attorney Behr has represented and defended people charged with the following crimes: registration violations, sexual predator and sexual battery charges, sex crimes, assault, battery, battery on Law Enforcement Officers, homicide, prostitution, lewd assault, lewd and indecent exposure, arson, criminal mischief, burglary, trespass, fraudulent practices, tax fraud, tax evasion, child abuse, animal cruelty, parole and probation violations, community control violations, extradition, international extradition, federal in-custody violations, bail, bond, bond reduction, gambling, felony DUI and felony DUBAL, obstruction of justice, felony murder, false imprisonment, detention violations, child abuse, armed battery, firearm violations.
Attorney Behr has been the annual sponsor of the Sentencing Code and Punishment Code Seminars held in the Broward County Courthouse in 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002 and 2003. Mr. Behr produced and published Behr's Index to Florida Standard Jury Instructions, in booklet form from 1997 through 2002.
Attorney Behr is a former Legal Writing and Research Teaching Assistant at Hofstra University School of Law, and was a contributing researcher to the late Professor Seymour Kleinman at Columbia University School of Law in New York during the years 1979 to 1983. Attorney Behr is former legal editor to E.B Williams Publishing, New York, New York, and is a former Legislative Aide in the New York State Assembly 1971 to 1973.
Jurisdictions Admitted to PracticeU.S. Supreme Court
U.S. District Court Southern District of Florida
U.S. District Court Middle District of Florida
U.S. District Court Western District of Pennsylvania
Professional & Bar Association Memberships
Florida Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
Member of the Board of Directors
Broward Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
Member of the Board of Directors, Chairman of the Legislative Liaison Committee, Chairman of the Pleading and Practice Committee
Federal Practice Committee
National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
Association of Federal Defense Attorneys
Florida Bar Association
Criminal Law Section, Appellate Law Section, International Law Section, Tax Law Section, Securities Law Section
American Bar Association
New York State Assembly
Former Legislative Aide, Former Staff Member Penal Committee
Hofstra University of Law, N.Y.
Former Instructor in Legal Research
Columbia University School of Law, NY, NY
Former Teaching Assistant
City of Deerfield Beach
Former Commissioner of Housing
E.B. Williams Publishing Co., NY, NY
Florida -Former Legal Editor
Board Certified in Criminal Law by the Florida Bar
"Death Qualified" by the Florida Supreme Court For Capital Murder/Death Penalty cases