A Defendant can be found guilty of this offense only if all of the following are proved beyond a reasonable doubt;
1. The defendant knowingly engaged, or attempted, to engage in a monetary transaction.
2. The defendant knew the transaction involved criminally derived property.
3. More than $10,000.00 was involved (federal).
4. The property was, in fact, derived from an unlawful activity, which must be proven.
5. The transaction occurred in the United States.
The term “monetary transaction” means the [deposit] [withdrawal] [transfer] or [exchange], in or affecting interstate commerce, of funds or a monetary instrument by, through, or to a financial institution obtained by some criminal offense.